What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating 2-3 weeks of dead skin and ridding the skin of fine vellous hair (peach fuzz). Dermaplaning is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects. Using a scalpel and a delicate touch, the provider simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. This is a great treatment to offer to patients who are pregnant or nursing who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the blood stream, and may be transferred to the fetus or the child. It is also a first choice for patients who have excess vellous hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier looking skin.
Dermaplaning is most often used on patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance. **NOT INTENDED FOR SEVERE ACNE**
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
* Immediately imparts a refreshed and refined look to the skin
* Removes vellous facial hair which absorbs oil, dirt, environmental toxins, and excess product
* Removes surface dead/keratinized skin cells
* Increases the skin's ability to absorb product
* Stimulates circulation of blood and lymph flow
* Increases the skin's immune response and vitality
* Enhances the natural shedding process of the skin
* Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* Minimizes the appearance of pores
* Reduces hyperpigmentation creating a more even skin tone
* Improves elasticity and texture
Dermaplane Express $65 / 45 min
Includes dermaplaning, also extractions are performed if necessary.
**Add mask for an additional $10**
Dermaplane & Chemical Peel $95 / 60 min
Includes dermaplaning and a chemical peel specific to your needs and extractions are performed if necessary.